Gov. Jay Inslee is anticipated to signal laws Friday distributing $2.2 billion in federal cash for COVID-19 aid aimed toward bolstering faculties, companies, vaccines, immigrants and renters.
The governor scheduled a 1 p.m. bill-signing ceremony for the bundle handed by the Legislature this month.
In accordance with a legislative employees abstract of the help invoice, Home Invoice 1368 contains:
- $714 million for Ok-12 faculties, together with $46 million for personal faculties
- $618 million for public well being, together with $438 million for testing and contract tracing
- $100 million for epidemiology and laboratory grants, and $68 million for vaccines
- $365 million for rental help and different housing-related applications
- $240 million for enterprise help grants
- $91 million for different income-assistance applications, together with $65 million for immigrants who’re ineligible for federal stimulus funds or unemployment advantages
- $50 million for quite a lot of childcare-related gadgets; and
- $26 million for meals banks and different meals associated applications.
The cash comes from a number of COVID-19 help packages handed by Congress beginning final 12 months.