Nagorno-Karabakh says army loss of life toll nears 700: Stay

0
13

Armenia, Azerbaijan accuse one another of breaking new ceasefire settlement hours after it got here into impact.

  • Armenia and Azerbaijan accused one another of violating the newly agreed truce.
  • Defence ministry of the Nagorno-Karabakh area stated the loss of life toll amongst its army has risen to 673.
  • Armenia and Azerbaijan agreed the ceasefire, which got here into drive at midnight on Sunday (20:00 GMT Saturday), following mediation by the co-chairs of the Minsk Group.

Sunday, October 18

07:50 GMT – Azerbaijan says Armenian forces violating ceasefire

Azerbaijan accused Armenian forces of violating the ceasefire over the disputed Nagorno-Karabakh area simply hours after it was resulting from have taken impact at midnight.

“Armenian forces grossly violated one other settlement,” the defence ministry in Baku stated in a press release, accusing them of firing artillery and mortars in numerous instructions and of launching early morning assaults alongside the entrance line.

Talking from Ujar in Azerbaijan, Al Jazeera’s Hoda Abdel-Hamid stated: “The Azeris are pointing the finger at Armenia, saying that though Armenia has agreed to the ceasefire, it has tried to recapture lands it misplaced to Azerbaijan [during the fighting].”

Armenia accuses Azerbaijan of violating new truce in Nagorno-Karabakh [File: AP]

07:31 GMT – Nagorno-Karabakh says loss of life toll amongst its army rises

The defence ministry of the Nagorno-Karabakh area stated on Sunday it had recorded one other 40 casualties amongst its army, pushing the army loss of life toll to 673 since combating with Azeri forces erupted on September 27.

The combating has surged to its worst degree for the reason that Nineties, when some 30,000 folks had been killed.

Kin of people that had been killed when a rocket hit their residence mourn throughout their funeral within the metropolis of Ganja, Azerbaijan [Umit Bektas/Reuters]

07:00 GMT – Armenia accuses Azerbaijan of violating new truce in Nagorno-Karabakh

Shushan Stepanyan, a spokeswoman for Armenia’s defence ministry, stated on Twitter that Azerbaijan fired artillery shells and rockets within the early hours of Sunday.

Talking from Yerevan, Al Jazeera’s Bernard Smith stated that the truce was solely a humanitarian truce designed for each side to  change our bodies and prisoners of battle.

“Armenia notably wants this ceasefire to work due to the large home strain its management is underneath,” stated Smith explaining that strain was linked because of the giant variety of folks and land it had misplaced to Azerbaijan.

06:40 GMT – Armenia, Azerbaijan accuse one another of violating new ceasefire deal

Armenia and Azerbaijan accused one another of violating a brand new humanitarian ceasefire in combating over Azerbaijan’s ethnic-Armenian-controlled enclave of Nagorno-Karabakh.